Wednesday, February 15, 2006



In my daily walk with Christ, there is something I ask myself daily. I came up with this diagram to illustrate this point. Everyday I have a choice, there are many cups that I can drink from.
  • Cup #1 is living for everything this world has to offer.
  • Cup #2 is living my life for material gain and possession.
  • Cup #3 is how I treat the temple God has given me.
  • Cup #4 is living for the purpose of being entertained.
  • Cup #5 is drinking daily of the living water of Jesus.


God wants to use each and everyone of us. If I spend all of time drinking from the wrong cup, how much fruit will I be able to produce. Jesus said,

John 15
"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vineyard keeper. Every branch in Me that does not produce fruit He removes, and He prunes every branch that produces fruit so that it will produce more fruit. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in Me, and I in you. Just as a branch is unable to produce fruit by itself unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in Me."

Today was an excellent example, I love coffee, it's aroma lured me in, I decided to get a 16 oz latte. Then later on in the day I decided. Wow, that latte was so good this morning. I decided to drink another 16oz latte later that day. I definately had an overdose of Cup #3. My body was feeling shaky. An amazing thing happened to me. I started drinking pure water. What an amazing feeling, the clean pure water started flowing through my veins. I started feeling new and refreshed.

John 4:10
Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."

What happens when we start living for the drink that Cup #4 has to offer. For the longest time it was so easy for me to come into my own world on Friday nights. "I worked hard this week, I deserve to have time to myself." Then I started asking myself, how can I use more of my time to be a blessing to other people. Now that we are turning more and more away from that cup, God is bringing so many amazing people into our lives now.

John 12:25
Anyone who tries to keep his life will lose it. Anyone who gives up his life in this world will live for ever in the next world.

When we drink this cup #5 Jesus transforms us. We had such an amazing night of worship tonight. God really spoke to me about not anticipating my parts but to embrace and cherish ever beat that is played. He really brought it all together tonight. Just as God spoke to me, this carries into so many aspects of my life. Embrace everyone moment of our lives.

In closing I was reading an article today in the National Graphic about the JetBlue incident. A lady said, God if I make it out of hear alive I will commit my life to serving you! WOW!!! And sure enough God brought her to safety as the plane landed. We're only here for a short time. Make every minute count.

God Bless.

No comments: