Sunday, June 15, 2008

Miracle Road Trip Back from Oregon

Wow!!! I have an amazing story to share about our trip back from Oregon. Totally unbelievable. While leaving Newport Oregon. I discovered that my clutch was about 95 gone!!! In the past I've just filled it up with fluid to fix the problem. I recently found out from Midas that you never want to do this. When it's low you should immediately have it serviced. Anyways, we left Newport and I went about 40 miles to the next town and stopped at a gas station. I thought I would just temporarily top off my fluid to get me back to Olympia. When I popped the hood it was full. I thought to myself, "MAN THIS IS REALLY REALLY BAD!!!!." When I pulled in you could smell the burnt break fluid. And worst of all, the auto repair stations are closed on Sunday!!!!! The only way to get back home was to kick it into 5th gear the whole way and hope that where no major traffic jams. I couldn't help but think that I was in the middle of the woods with no cell phone towers in sight!! What worried me is I knew that there was 4 stop lights in some of the towns coming up. Luckily I only had to stop at two of them. Every time I stopped the car it got about 1-2% worse! About an hour went by with me holding my breath. Finally we made it to I-5! On I-5 getting on the freeway I managed to shift down onto the on ramp -- I had a lot of resistance on the shifter!! I mean, I really had to pull it to get it in gear. Anyways, we made it without any problems until we were leaving Portland. I started seeing break lights! Nooooo WAYYY!!! Luckily we only had stop and go for less than a mile. Still I had to baby the clutch and give the person in front of me a huge amount of space so I wouldn't have change gears. After Portland it was smooth sailing! What's amazing is my clutch totally went out as we pulled into the parking lot of our apartment. I could barely even move the shifter.

Anyways I wanted you to know how awesome God is for getting us home safely. Take a look at the map and see how far Newport Oregon is from Olympia. True amazing!!!! Below is a link to our photo gallery in Oregon.



View Larger Map

Here are some pictures of our trip.

http://picasaweb.google.com/iortizvictory/NewportOregon2008

No comments: