Sunday, July 06, 2008

Incredible Story -- Lost and Found!


My wife posted this same story on her blog but I definitely think it's worth sharing from my perspective. I've been meaning to post this story but never got around to it until now. Last year she had filed a petition to become a "FINAL" permanent resident. We must have waited 6 months for her card to come in the mail. When she called the office, to follow up, they told us that in order to look up her information that we needed her original I175 form. GET THIS!!! They said that if we couldn't find it, she would have to reapply and pay 500.00!! At this point we were totally paniced. And to top things off, I did some spring cleaning and threw away some of our excess documents. My worst fear at that point was that I might have trashed it on accident. Mimi rummaged through the house searching for it. We both started becoming very frustrated and extremely nervous at the same time. Mimi looked through her pouch that had all of our important documents at least 10-20 times. Still no luck! The emotion levels started to soar, "Are you sure you didn't throw it away!!" was the question of the day for me that rang through the house every 5 minutes it seemed. Mimi had been searching the house for over a week and still we weren't even close to finding it.

Finally we said, "That's it!!, It's gone. There goes $500!" We were both very upset at this point.

THEN SOMETHING TOTALLY AMAZING HAPPENED!!!!! I walked out of the room and when I came back in Miriam was holding something in her hand. I went over and picked it up. It looked official but assumed it wasn't the correct document. When Miriam handed it to me I said to Mimi, "Have you already looked at this one?" Feeling silly as I assumed that she did. SHE IMMEDIATELY YELLED!! THIS IS IT THIS IS IT!!!!!!!!! I TOTALLY COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

It was a total miracle and mystery how Miriam found it! Out of all the documents we had scatter out and looked over time and time again she was able to find the one we were looking for! She was only 2 when this happened. We still to this day can not find a logically explanation for this other than God giving us a helping hand. All I can say is it was a miracle. What are your thoughts on this? Please post your comments.

No comments: