Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Life After Quitting Coffee

It's been over 2 months since my last cup of coffee. It's amazing how the mind can wire itself to become so dependent on it. I was spending an upward of $6 a day. When I felt the slightest bit tired I would make a coffee run. I started to realize that my spending was out of control and health wise I didn't need all the caffeine. I noticed that within 2-3 hours, I would find myself tired again after purchasing a 16oz latte.

The amazing thing is that since I quit my energy levels have actually increased. The first week after I quit was tough. What helped was know that God would sustain me through the withdrawal symptoms.



Here are the supplements I'm currently taking and feel so much better.

  • Fish Oils
  • Garlic Pills
  • DeTox Tea (every couple of days)
  • Filter Water
  • Probiotics
  • Bentonite Clay (on occasion)
  • Flax Seed

There is no substitute for water. I noticed that my energy levels pick up when I stay hydrated.




















No comments: