Tuesday, January 31, 2006

It's interesting, I've had two people mention song writing to me. What was incredible is that the other night my wife prayed about God giving me a song and one night later God gave me a powerful dream. It was pretty intense! A child comes up to me and shows me a segment of my life and said, "Here is your life now, look back to the beginning." I was then shown a glimse of my life with Mimi and I when we were first together. The excitement and joy when God first brought us together. I woke up thinking about the significance about this dream and the beginning. Then it hit me tremedously. Think about in marriage, at the beginning how exciting it was when you first got married but how the world, stress and our busy lifestyles can take away the joy and happiness found in our union. What was once fresh and new is now just routine. The same can be true in our Christian walk. When we first find Him we're overwhelmed with joy. It's an incredible experience like no other. But the same can happen in our walk with Him. Just like the seeds thrown on stony ground. They received it with gladness but have no root. "Remember look to the beginning", was spoken to me so strongly. After this experience the words to a song I wrote started to flow. I'm really excited in the future to see where God takes it.

I am so excited, I had an opprotunity to hear my cousin Michael's CD. Wow!!! This is the first cut and it some of the best music I've heard in my life! Honestly! I'm so excited about the OrtizBand CD project also. What an incredible year of music. I will keep you posted! Feb 18th we're going to be playing a Veritas. http://www.veritasolympia.com/ . Be praying for us. Check out our new radio show. We've love to have you participate!

No comments: